Friday, January 29, 2010

Life's bounteous blessings

Oh how I love being a mother. I love living life through a child's eyes. I am grateful that I see light and happiness in a dark world, because I get to watch my children grow up. My work as a mother is the greatest job in the world, and I find happiness every day in the blessing of this role. Thank you to my Heavenly Father for the opportunity it is to mother such angels, and for the life it breathes into my soul. I am grateful for books that help me in my great responsibility. I just finished reading a book called "A Mother's Book of Secrets". It is written by Linda Eyre and her daughter Shawni. I am so grateful for the chapter on family mottos. It has changed our lives! We came up with one based on a President Monson quote that reads, "our home.....where the storm stops, love reigns, and peace dwells." It is proudly displayed throughout our home. Our January has been happy and calm because we all vowed to live peacefully and not allow any more storms in our home. I'm so grateful for women like the Eyres who share their splendid mothering knowledge with the rest of us.

1 comment:

  1. I love your family theme, so much. I think it is amazing that you have come up with a theme and that the kids are so involved in it. Love it! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete