Sunday, April 18, 2010

Big Sisters


I love having a girl as my oldest. When I was pregnant with my oldest, I secretly lied to people when I told them I didn't care if I had a boy or a girl. It simply wasn't true. I wanted a girl so badly that I wanted to scream it. And because we didn't find out what we were having, finding out in the delivery room that it was indeed a girl was the best day of my life!! I love my daughter for her constant desire to be helpful, and for her good heart. She often cheers me up when I'm down, I can tell her just about anything, and she serves our family constantly. The other day Emery and I took lunch to the school so we could eat with the kids. When Makenna walked into the cafeteria and saw us, she ran over and she and Emmie wrapped their arms around each other. Makenna was so loving and showed her little sister off to her friends. Then last night Brandon and I were getting ready to stop by a 40th birthday party for a friend. We cancelled our babysitter because we were too tired to stay at the party long, and decided to hire our own daughter instead. While we were showering and getting ready to go, Makenna had gotten Emmie ready for bed and had rocked her to sleep. Then she lovingly stayed home with Tal while we went to the party. When we got home, Makenna was still watching TV, but Tal was asleep next to her on the couch with a blanket over him. How sweet is that?? I love Big Sisters, and I especially love the Big Sister in our family because she's absolutely the sweetest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment